This module is created to provide the participants with the necessary knowledge to enable them to take on the duties and responsibilities as defined in the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code. This training program includes also real case studies to illustrate possible scenarios where is mandatory the compliance with the maritime security requirements.
Duration of Course: 3 days
Attendance: Minimum 4 trainees per day.
The course focuses on:
- Assessment of security risks, threats and vulnerability
- Developing, maintaining and supervising the implementation of a Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP)
- Conducting periodic audits of the port facilities for which the participants are designated to act as the Port Facility Security Officer and to ensure that appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained properly.
- Ensuring that security equipment and systems are properly installed, are certified and handled with professional knowledge.
- Encouraging security awareness and continues vigilance.