(Table A-VI/1-3 of the STCW Code) This module follows the IMO Model teaching course 1.13. It is conducted in accordance with STCW 95 requirements. The approach of the module is competency based, setting to achieve the standards set out in STCW Code.
Duration of course: 1 day
Attendance: Minimum 4 trainees per day.This module course include: Appreciation of body structure and functions.
- Take immediate actions in cases of emergency such as:
- Applying resuscitation techniques;
- Control bleeding;
- Applying measures of basic shock management;
- Apply measures in event of burns and scalds including electric shocks;
- Rescue and transport a casualty;
- Understand and apply bandages and materials in emergency kit.