Course: “Electro – Technical” – Chapter III/7 and Section A-III/7 of STCW10 Code
This new training course reflects the amendments of the STCW Convention, introduced in Manila 2010 and it’s mandatory for all those seafarers engaged and certified as Electro – Technical. This position is provided on board of those vessels, which have dedicated electro-technical crew members. Training is based on the model course IMO no. 7:08
Duration of Course: 2 days
Attendance: Minimum 4 trainees per day.
The course objectives:
- Safe use of electrical equipment
- Monitoring the operation of electrical systems and machineries
- Using hand tools, electric and electronic measuring equipments, for locating errors and good maintenance of the vessel’s operating.
- Maintenance and repair on board the ship,
- Maintenance and repair of electrical systems and engines on board,
- The application of preventive measures and contributes to avoid pollution of the marine environment
- Health care skills and professional safety procedures.