Duration of Course: 3 days
Attendance: Minimum 4 trainees per day
The content and guidance provided in the course is addressed mainly to acting Company Security Officer (CSO) and Ship Security Officer (SSO) but also to those exercising security responsibilities in shipping companies, Administrations, agencies, port facilities and in the supply chain.
The course focuses on:
- Operational security experience gained and lessons learnt;
- Requirements for security familiarization and training of company & shipboard personnel;
- Requirements for operation in high risk areas;
- Application of Best Management Practice to counter piracy;
- Employment of Armed Guards;
- Practical ISPS drills and exercises covering piracy and armed robbery.